Questions....

Matt Ettus mne1 at cec.wustl.edu
Wed Feb 15 21:57:31 GMT 1995

Can plain old saturated type injectors run at 13,000 rpm?
That is the only type available ion the size we need.

On Wed, 15 Feb 1995, Richard N Dabney wrote:

> >A few questions to y'all...
> >
> >1) What are the differences between "peak-n-hold" and
> >saturated injectors?  Is it just the coil resistance,
> >or is there more.  Why does'nt everyone use the same
> >type?
>
> The voltage it takes to pull in an injector is greater than the voltage it
> takes to hold it on. A higher voltage limits the on/off frequency of the
> injector because of the back-emf generated by the "saturated", then
> collapsing flux field when the injector is turned off. So if a higher
> pull-in voltage (peak) is used,  then a lower voltage to hold it, the
> back-emf is less and the injector can be operated at a higher frequency.
> The reason most don't use them is cost.
>

> ************================================************
> Richard Neill Dabney
> Controls Engineer
> GM/DOE Fuel Cell Project              Los Alamos National Laboratory
> TA-46,WA-128, MS/J-588                Los Alamos,  NM  87545
> (505)-667-6086                                Fax (505) 665-6173

-     Matt Ettus           mne1 at cec.wustl.edu                  -
-     6515 Wydown Box 3451                                     -
-     St. Louis, MO 63105                                      -
-     (314) 935-2602       Wash U Formula SAE Team Leader      -
-                          TKE Rush Chairman                   -