[EFI68k] schematics now available

John S Gwynne jsg
Mon Feb 20 18:43:42 GMT 1995

--------

   For your amusement, the schematic, wire list, and defining
gal equations are now available on this server in the files:
	68hc000-1.00.ps (EXT_SEL should be !EXT_SEL)
	68hc000-1.00.wrl
	68hc000-1.00.gal

I don't have time to writeup what has been done, but here are
a few notes to keep in mind:

This is a general purpose single board computer and
requires a companion board to do EFI. An 67F687 for example.

While a dedicated 68332 based EFI system would clearly use
fewer components, there are still some advantages to using a
67F687 in conjunction with a generalized CPU board. I believe
the 67F687 will offer better angular accuracy, simpler
position encoder interface, and more flexibility. For
instance, if some time in the future it is deemed that more
computational power for advanced mixture control is needed,
another generalized CPU board could be configured to work
with the existing 67F687 board. A 68332 could not be
adapted. That's not to say that we should ignore the 68332
solution, but rather think more carefully on the direction in
which this should go (IMHO).

                                       John S Gwynne
                                          Gwynne.1 at osu.edu
               T h e   O h i o - S t a t e   U n i v e r s i t y
    ElectroScience Laboratory, 1320 Kinnear Road, Columbus, Ohio 43212, USA
                Telephone: (614) 292-7981 * Fax: (614) 292-7292