job

Peter Wales pjwales at magicnet.magicnet.net
Thu Feb 23 21:40:09 GMT 1995

Superchips Inc is located in sunny Florida (75 today and blue skies) in a
suburb of Orlando. Mickey mouse and Magic Basketball. We are 30 minutes from
the attractions and 30 minutes from Daytona Beach. Thats the good news. The
bad news is that you will be too busy working to spend any time at these
places :)

We have 5000 sq ft working space and there are 9 people working here now.
We have our own in house chassis dyno with computer link, and a 4 gas analyser.

Our main products are reprogrammed chips for vehicles and we have the
largest range of chips in the world. We can reprogramm EEC4/5 and the 94 GM
system with flash eprom. Our next big project is going to be OBDII.
Meanwhile, I need another top flight engineer.

I don't expect to find someone with experience although that would be good.
What I need is someone with fire. Someone who will get the job done
regardless and not give up at the first hurdle. I have employed 10 people in
the last 24 months and fired them all. Fortunately I have had a good
engineer from England who has kept us going but he has now returned to the
land of warm beer and I have only his protege who is good but not as good.
Now I need another engineer and I want to get it right. The person who gets
the job will virtually run his own job, because no one will sit behind him
and tell him what to do. A job will be given to him and he will be left to
get on with it. The jobs vary from day to day but one thing they all include
is telephone support. We need someone who can talk on the phone to people
who ask the same questions over and over.

What am I offerring in return? Good question. Salary will depend upon
ability and profits. I give most of the profits back to the people who earn
them. That way they give them to the tax man and not me. Everyone feels
better that way. I expect the starting salary to be $30,000 or so, although
I am prepared to change that if I have to. If you're not earning $40,000
within 12 months then you are doing it wrong. And so it goes on. the more
you earn, the more I can pay. 2 weeks vacation plus statutory days, sick pay
and medical/dental insurance etc

What else can you need?

If you are interested in this post, mail me a resume or fax it to (407) 260 9106
I am not in a hurry, so get it right. I am always looking for another
engineer, to add to my collection, not to replace one I already have.

Peter Wales