Ford EEC-IV

gt0035b at prism.gatech.edu gt0035b at prism.gatech.edu
Tue Feb 28 19:35:15 GMT 1995

Hans Steiner wrote

> I woas wondering whether anyone has trying to soup up a Ford car with
> EEC-IV and CFI.  I know the car uses a MAP (manifold absolute pressure)
> sensor to determine the amount of air going into the engine.  I have the
> 5.0L V-8 with CFI and I wanted to make it more like the 302 H.O.
>
> Thanks
>    Hans-Christoph

	Ford Motorsports  sells a kit to convert it to mass air.

	I've been wondering which manufacturer has the best engine management
system?

	Ford claims that their hardware is the best.  I've heard that GM
has the best software but my vote would be for SAAB .  They have a system
that lets them use them use the spark plug as a knock sensor. They run a
little current through it on the exhaust stroke and can tell from the
resistance of the air how complete the combustion was and weather knock
occurred.  They have a 32 bit system and electronic boost control as well.

	Who else should be on this list?

Henry Sommer | gt0035b at prism.gatech.edu | Georgia Institute of Technology