EFI and Accidents...

Lou Faustini faustini at lamp0.arl.army.mil
Fri Jan 6 14:38:23 GMT 1995

    Hello!
    I couldn't help but notice in one of you're messages you said to try and
experiment on a "cheap 4-cyl" that you don't mind blowing up. I have worked
with many high-perf V8's over the years, and short of RPM runaway, I haven't
blown one up yet. But I don't know all there is to know about engine
building, and I also get the feeling that I have been very lucky. What are
some of the things that can lead to engine destruction? I know that lean-out
can be a problem, but in a 4-cycle its ususally not destructive. (Unless
that lean out occurs when the Nitrous button in pressed....ooops!)

    Any help would be appreciated..

                                      ----- Lou