Fuel control algorithm

John S Gwynne jsg
Sun Jan 8 23:17:20 GMT 1995

--------

   In message <199501080348.VAA05252 at eagle.natinst.com> , you write:

	<....>
| looking at some of the SAE "Electronics Engine Controls" books. I'm trying to
| see if I can use the information from the
| paper SAE 940373 "Adaptive Air-Fuel Ratio Control of a Spark-Ignition
| Engine" in the book "Electronic Engine Controls 1994" to derive a control
| algorithm. This was for a single cyliner engine so I'm not sure how much

	<...>

Nice summary, Mike. I have three basic questions/comments with
regard to this approach.

(1) execution speed. I presume x(k+1|k), x(k|k), P(k+1|k),
K(k), P(k|k), and on(k) would have to be evaluated for each
power stroke of the engine (something like 67 times a second
at 8000 RPM for a four-cycle). At least the inverse operation
in K(k) is on a 1x1 matrix.... Where any comments made
regarding how this was implemented and on what type of
processor?

(2) how were f_a and f_b measured/estimated?

(3)  Q(k) has 16 unknown variances/covariances (also a
function of throttle position and RPM?)... Since x(k)
can not really be measured (and the equations for x(k|k) and
x(k+1|k) depend on Q(k)), how would you find Q(k)?

                                       John S Gwynne
                                          Gwynne.1 at osu.edu