aldl to pc

Steve=Ravet%Prj=Eng%PCPD=Hou at bangate.compaq.com Steve=Ravet%Prj=Eng%PCPD=Hou at bangate.compaq.com
Mon Jan 16 23:15:32 GMT 1995

furgason at hg.uleth.ca Wrote:

| I just got off the phone with the guys at GM . This is an SAE reference
| for the new data stream standard .... SAE J1850. I haven't got it yet
| so I don't know if it fits the bill. I do have the ALDL stuff for 1989 and
| I can share it on a limited basis. Opps Above it should read
| "There is an SAE".......

SAE J1850 is a hardware specification for a single or double wire automotive
bus.  It is a part of OBD-II (On Board Diagnostics).  J1850 specifies how
information packets are placed on the wire, but I don't think it specifies
what is in the packets.  But OBD does, and it will be here soon.

I would be *very* interested in the ALDL stuff from '89, if it is the fast
data rate stuff and not the slow.  Is it proprietary?  And if so, how did you
get ahold of it?

| I promised some info to a few people, I will make good on that
| shortly
|
| Dan Furgason

--steve