SB Chevy TPI manifold hel...

FIScot at aol.com FIScot at aol.com
Thu Jul 13 13:09:08 GMT 1995

John, I recently bought one at a swap meet also....  Dont't buy a Corvette
unit from '85 to about '90.  These use an external EGR tube that runs from
the exhaust manifold.  Looks REAL ugly!  The manifold base will have two EGR
locations to plug if you don't use the EGR. (But the early ones have the
center two manifold bolt holes with the 'old' pattern.) If it comes from  a
Camaro or Firebird from that time period, it will most likely have the 305
injectors (19 lb/hr). The '85 to '88, I think, use a 9th "start injector" .
This is located on the drivers side, about in the middle of the manifold,
where the runners bolt to the base. I think in '89 they eliminated it, so the
runners will not swap between those years.  There is also an IAC passage
change about then, I not sure if there is a need to mate throttle
bodies...... In '90 to '92 the MAF was eliminated, and they used the 1227730
ECM with a MAP sensor.  To help in year ID, the plenum has a slight change in
the 'ribs' or grooves in the top of it.  The '85 to '89 have ribs that run
nearly the entire length of the plenum, the '90 up have shorter length
grooves, more like half way.  If there is something else that I may help
will, just E-mail.......  Thanks, Scot Sealander    FIScot at AOL.COM