Bosch Injectors

Bohdan L Bodnar bohdan at ihgp.ih.att.com
Thu Jul 13 17:05:12 GMT 1995

The low-cost solution is to run premium detergent gasoline for a while --
assuming the injectors are indeed plugged.  If properly done, the "$79
cleaning" will clean your injectors very well;  if, on the other hand, the
cleaner is too concentrated, you'll end up replacing your injectors because
the insulation in the solenoids was eaten away.

I recommend an injector balance and/or flow test be made first.  If the
injectors pass, and the rough idle persists or is reduced AFTER the tests, you
may have corroded electrical connections on the injectors.  This problem is
something which pops up on my 1986 Chrysler Le Baron once in a while (the
computer often flags this as "fault code 26:  peak injector current not
reached").  This is ALWAYS accompanied by rough idle, intermittent hesitation
during acceleration, etc.  Television tuner cleaner usually clears this up for
several weeks.

Cordially,

Bohdan Bodnar