getting started

Paul Shackleton p.m.shackleton at hud.ac.uk
Mon Jul 17 15:37:33 GMT 1995

Hi

I am new to the list and to the subject. I would like some advice and
pointers on how to get started. I would like to convert the vauxhall 16v
engine in my westfield kit car from its current pair of twin choke carbs and
home made clockwork ignition to a fairly simple mapped injection/ignition
system, without breaking the bank. I am fairly clued up on the requirements
of such a system but, not having any background in electronic systems, I
really need pointing in the right direction as to what equipment I would
need and how to tackle the gathering of sensory information and the control
of the injection and sparks. Ideally I would like to be able to set up the
map on a pc and download this to a 'black box', or even to just have trim
screws on the black box with an ability to 'sense' the load sites.

Can anyone help, perhaps by suggesting (easy to understand) reading material
and sources of components. Or are my aims wildly optimistic and
extravagantly expensive?

Paul Shackleton                       P.M.Shackleton at hud.ac.uk
University of Huddersfield
England