O2 concenctration, mass air flow

atsakiri at ford.com atsakiri at ford.com
Thu Jul 20 15:52:12 GMT 1995

>In addition to the barometric pressure being lower with increasing altitude,
>isn't the concentration of oxygen in the atmostphere also lower?

I don't know the answer to that one, but it sparks the following comments.

Good point, it's air (wet even) that's measured, not oxygen.  Also, these
sensors are automotive grade, with accompanying accuracy.  They get bounced,
jarred, and dumped on a lot.  One or two percent effects (not saying the
concentration falls into this range) are beyond most sensors' capabilities
over the range of temperature and environment experienced.

Humidity will also introduce errors.  No one I know of has humidity
compensation.

---
Anthony Tsakiris

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of my employer.