Voltage Comp

diy_efi diy_efi
Wed Jul 26 03:44:54 GMT 1995

From: FIScot at aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 20:14:10 -0400
To: DIY_EFI at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
Subject: Re:Voltage Comp
Sender: owner-diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu

Subj:   Re: Voltage Comp
From:   elansi01 at ctlw3908.mpg.gmpt.gmeds.com (Ed Lansinger)

  > Full-open injector flow is not affected by voltage per se.  Fuel pump
  > flow is, so you've still got to correct the full-open time.  EFI fuel
  > pump manufacturers characterize their pumps at a range of supply
  > voltages.  You could start there or measure things yourself.

    This seems like it would only apply if the fuel pressure fell below the
    regulated preset.  I don't know how much over capacity the fuel pump
    has, but with today's eye on bottom line, I imagine that it is not a
    large margin.  It would seem a good idea to lower the RPM limiter when
    voltage is low.  This might stop high RPM lean-out and the sometimes
    disastrous results..... And make the owner take the car to the repair
    shop to get it fixed.  I see a new error code coming... Low RPM limiter
    due to low volts or fuel pressure....

    Scot Sealander    FIScot at aol.com