LPG O2 sensors

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.oz.au
Thu Jul 27 00:26:12 GMT 1995

Hi,

Does anyone know if a standard O2 sensor will work with non-petrol
fuels, such as LPG or Alcohol? I figure that if they work by residual
oxygen then it should be OK (ignoring that the fuel might poison the
sensor like leaded fuel).

Also, FYI a local company is offering LPG EFI conversions for a range of
popular EFI vehicles (certain others here might have a few things to say
on this ;-).

It appears that the liquid fuel from the tank goes to (probably via a
pressure regulator) into a box that contains a standard EFI fuel system
(pump/regulator etc). IE it's operation pumps the LPG around as a
Liquid. The system uses an aftermarket computer (I would have thought
it'd be more logical to use the stock computer with the pressure levels
adjusted to get the flow rate correct, but I guess that might be a
problem switching from petrol to LPG & all the self learning tables
would be out of adjustment)

Does anyone know how 'factory' efi vehicles with LPG option work? Surely
they don't use the 'LPG carburettor' sort of equipment?

Cheers,
Craig.