Ford EEC-IV

Dan Malek dan at westford.ccur.com
Thu Mar 2 17:09:38 GMT 1995

> Date:  Tue, 28 Feb 1995 14:09:12 -0600 (CST)
> From:  Robert King <king at khis.kodak.com>
>
>> > From:   Hans-Christoph
>> > I woas wondering whether anyone has trying to soup up a Ford car with
>> > EEC-IV and CFI......
>>
>> 	Ford Motorsports  sells a kit to convert it to mass air.

>   Are you sure you're not referring to the Motorsport kit to convert
>from Speed Density SEFI (or "Multiport") to Mass Air SEFI?  I've never
>heard of a kit to convert from CFI to anything...

There is no kit, but you can do it.  You need a bunch of '87-up parts,
some modification, and lots of fortitude.  The basic idea is that you
want to move to the SEFI parts, but getting there is hard.  The things
that make it difficult are battery on the right side, dual/single/dual
exhaust, cruise control, and so on.  You have to upgrade the exhaust
because you need the dual HEGO sensors, which means a new transmission
crossmember,....You need the EFI intake.  Yes, it will simply bolt on
the engine, but then you need a plan for all of the rest of the stuff,
like moving the battery to the other side, and the wiring harness, and
the vacuum solenoids, and the cruse control, and the throttle cables....

The electronics is the easy part.  Just call me when you have all of the
other mechanical stuff done.  But seriously, this is one of those
conversions where you must consider the "sell what you have, buy what
you want" rule.

	-- Dan