Knock sensor control

Peter Wales pjwales at magicnet.magicnet.net
Tue Mar 7 17:05:05 GMT 1995

I remember reading something about this new system some time ago. As I
remember, immediately after the ignition pulse, the ignition system puts a
voltage (I think about 100v) across the plug. The gas inside the combustiuon
chamber is ionised and so a current will flow. The current indicates the
status of the combustion.

I assume if it pinged, the combustion ionisation will be different than if
it fired normally. Exactly how, I don't know. Interesting subject though.

Peter Wales