Injector Dynamic Range

Jonathan R. Lusky lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
Fri Mar 17 23:46:03 GMT 1995

Peter Wales writes:
> The answer is that under 1.5 mS opening time the fuel flow is undefinable
> and conversely it takes 1.5 mS to shut and during that time the fuel fuel is
> undefinable. At 1 mS the injector does not open at all and if the close
> pulse is 1 mS or less the injector won't close.

Maybe for your injectors, not for the ones I used.  My understanding is
that those numbers will vary condiserably by injector model and how the
injectors are driven.  I believe our idle pulsewidth was right around
1.0mS on our 93 F-SAE car (600cc ZX-6D, Camden vane blower, EFI
Technologies Performance-Series ECU, 31lb/hr Rochestor injectors (from
a flex-fuel Corsica), running M85, rev-limiter set at 15,000rpm).

Jonathan R. Lusky                        lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
http://www.edge.net/~lusky/                 (615) 726-8700