My Booklist..

Craig Pugsley c.pugsley at trl.oz.au
Sun Mar 19 23:28:35 GMT 1995

Hi there,

Here is my good deed for the day:

After several years of collecting info on EFI (for the purpose of DIYing
my EFI :-), And after coming against the typical 'The sensors take the
readings and the computer does the calculations and the injectors put in
the fuel' explaination time after time, I've finally found some books
that are semi-usefull:

The BOSCH books (previously mentioned on this group), of which there
are TWO and another book on fuel injection:

1/ BOSCH Automotive handbook, 3rd edition (Blue cover), 852 pages
   Robert Bentley ISBN number 0-8376-0330-7
   SAE ISBN number            1-56091-372-X
   I beleive the two pubilshers publish exactly the same book. This book
   is an 'Overall' Automotive reference. Worth buying, but the EFI
   content is fairly small. (I have the Robert Bentley version)

2/ BOSCH Automotive electronics handbook, ?? edition (Dark red cover),
   350 pages.
   ISBN 0-89883-509-7
   Not 100% sure who the publisher of this is, I think the SAE and VDI
   (germany) publish this. Lots more about Bosch EFI systems.

3/ Fuel injection - Installation, Performance tuning, Modifications,
   By Jeff Hartman.
   Publisher Motorbooks international, PO Box 1, Osceola, WI 54020
   ph 1-800-826-6600 (in the US), Reccomended Price $19.95 US.
   ISBN 0-87938-743-2

   (I paid $AUS 34.95 from McGills in Melbourne for those in AUS)
   Probably the best value for money book on EFI. The book has snippets
   of everything - If it had detail on all the subjects it mentioned
   it would be the definitive reference. The Audience is intended as
   street rodders mainly, but there are good bits and peices for the
   DIY_EFI'er - Reccomended reading.

There are several bosch books on each type of bosch injection, but they
do not cover much more detail than the automotive electronics book, and
are expensive ($Aus 20 each ~= $US 15 each).

I have also found FORD training manuals to be usefull, as I have been
able to borrow a freind's copy, but I'm not sure if they are readily
available to the public.

Apart from these references, virtually all EFI books that I've seen are
'how to fix brand X EFI systems' books.

Cheers,
Craig.