Ion Gap Sense Questions

Bruce Bowling bowling at cebaf.gov
Fri Mar 24 18:53:22 GMT 1995

Rod:
> Can any of you GM guys tell me where the capacitor goes in figure
> 8 in John Auzin et al's paper from SAE '95?  I'm guessing between the
> sense amp and the coil with a zener across it to limit the charge
> to 100V?  Is this correct?

A friend of mine last week sent me a fax on, I think, something similar
to that above.  In the march issue of one of the high-performance
NASCAR magazines (I do not remember which one, but I can find out)
was an article written by David Vizard on how they simply hooked
a capacitor to the secondary circuit (actually a commercial product)
and did a bunch of dyno runs.  The fax was very hard to read, but I can
get more info from the person who sent it to me.

- Bruce