eproms

Ryan A Erickson eric0019 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Sat Mar 25 18:01:25 GMT 1995

Hello everyone,

I have several very basic questions about eproms that I'm sure many of
the people on this list will know the answers to.

1.  In a GM P4 ECM or any other auto ecm, is the eprom generally DIP or
PLCC packages?

2.  What is the average eprom memory size in the auto ecm, specifically
the P4?  512K?

3.  Is there any particular brand of eprom that the P4 or other ecm's use?

4.  Of those that have programmed eproms for ecms, what do you use to
program them?

5.  How many pins or the average eproms in ecms?  28 pin DIP?

6.  Has anybody ever used the cheap eprom programmers available from
JDR?  They have one available for $129.  It comes with an 8-bit AT card
and ZIF socket for 24 or 28 pin DIP eproms from 27xx to 27512.  It also
includes editing software.  I'm sure this isn't as good as more expensive
units but is it good enough?

Thanks for any help you all can give,
Ryan