Simple injector Drive

Matthew Lee Franklin fran0054 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Wed Mar 29 05:24:45 GMT 1995

On Tue, 28 Mar 1995 19:20:10 -0500, Bruce Bowling wrote:
>I have a question......
..
>have a few MC3484-S4 lying around - should I use one
>of them, even though the MC3484-S4 is for lower-impedance
>injectors?

Should work fine.  I've done it.  You just won't get into the 4 amp range
to kick it back to 1 amp.  In fact you won't even get 1.  It will just flow
as much current as it can { (12-Vdrop)/16ohms}.  Even though it's a simple
circuit, don't forget the big watt Zener diode.  I've lazily and stupidly
left it out and let the magic smoke out.  As long as the magic smoke stays
in, electronics work fine.  But as soon as you let it out, things just
don't seem to work.  :-)

Later,
Matt