Driving an MSD Ignition Box

Michael F. Sargent MSargent at gallium.com
Wed Mar 29 19:43:30 GMT 1995

For my purposes the recent discussion of driving a coil is of limited use
because I already have an MSD Ignition amp which I will be using. The MSD box
can be triggered by points (as it is now), or by a hall effect sensor.

Does anyone know how to interface MSD to the DIY controller?
                                                            Mike

P.S. It's an MSD 6M-2 (Marine) if that matters.

P.P.S. Since Summit sells the MSD 6A for $120US, is it really worth worrying
about how to DIY the ignition driver? Odds are that by the time you get a
driver that works as well as an MSD, you'll have invested WAY more than
$120.