Changing injector pulse rate at idle?

robert dingli r.dingli at ee.mu.OZ.AU
Thu Mar 30 02:19:39 GMT 1995

Ed suggested :

> Yet another technique is, of course, to use two injectors per
> cylinder.  Use one small injector alone for the low-load stuff
> and kick in the other at higher loads.

This is exactly the technique that we have resorted to for high flow
rotary applications.  The injectors found on factory Mazda 13B efi
motors are huge - they flow 2-3 times the volume of 'normal' injectors.
Even so, this is not enough for race motors and turbo applications.
We use two injectors per rotor with the second bank staged so that
they are completly closed during idle and only start to open at higher
loads.

Robert
             Robert Dingli           r.dingli at ee.mu.oz.au

Power and Control Systems                 Thermodynamics Research Lab
Electrical Engineering                    Mechanical Engineering
   (+613) 344 7966                           (+613) 344 6728
  University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3052, Victoria, AUSTRALIA