Changing injector pulse rate at idle?

Michael F. Sargent MSargent at gallium.com
Thu Mar 30 23:09:57 GMT 1995

> While a slightly wandering idle speed might cause the pulse period
> to drift THROUGH the range from 40 to 45 milliseconds, what I
> observed was a period that was EITHER 40 milliseconds OR 45
> milliseconds, with no intermediate values. I would expect idle speed
> wander to yield periods BETWEEN these extremes as well as the
> extremes themselves.

Did you ever see the injector period when it was not a multiple of 5 mS?
Why I ask is that it may be that the ECU simply can not regulate pulse
period finer than at 5 mS intervals. For example, if a 200 Hz oscillator
was hooked to an 8-bit counter, you would not be able to control the
pulse width finer that 5 mS intervals.

                                          Mike