Data Logging Accelerometers

Sven-Erik Tiberg set at mt.luth.se
Wed May 10 13:17:49 GMT 1995

>I'm in the process of designing a datalogging system for a club race car.
>The car is fitted with Haltech F7 Fuel injection. I have an 11 channel A-D
>converter which plugs into the parallel port of a laptop which will be in
>the car.
>The converter can sample at up to 18kHz @ 10 bit resolution (386 laptop).
>I'm going to interface some transducers to it. I'm currently thinking of:
>
>        Throttle position (rotary potentiometer)
>        Steering angle  (   "              "           )
>        RPM (from tacho output)
>        2 x wheel speed (proximity sensors)
>        3 axis acceleration
>
>I would ideally like to incorporate suspension movement as well, but may be
>limited by budget as I am a university student.
>
>Would anyone know of a 'budget' accelerometer. It could be single or multi
>axis.
>It must be able to measure static acceleration.
>
>Any other comments would also be appreciated.
>
>Thanks,

We had a project in full-active suspension on off-road vehicles some y ago.
www-page; "http://www.luth.se/depts/mt/ene/articles/rigg/A_cab.html"
There where a set of transducers developed for this application as
accelerometers 0-100Hz, potentiometers and inclinometers.
All units had mil-std, 4-20 mA and fault detection.

An est. prize for this single axis accelerometer would be .LE. $400 in low
quantity.

--- sven-erik tiberg --- set at mt.luth.se ----