Processing Power

David Cooley cooldave at nando.net
Fri May 19 15:46:08 GMT 1995

>>> Well, They won't be using CAN... they'll be using J-1850.  EPA requires all
>>> cars manufactured in the US after 1996 to use the J-1850 protocol.
>>
>Forgive my ignorance, whats CAN and J-1850 protocol for?
>Peter Wales
>Superchips Inc                          "Timing is everything"

CAN is Bosch's 2 wire High speed noise immune network and communication
protocol for on-board computers in vehicles.. J-1850 is the US EPA standard
for 1 or 2 wire Highspeed noise immune network for vehicles manufactured in
the USA. (OBD_II).
Later,
Dave
David Cooley                                            (919) 319-2734 Office
cooldave at nando.net                                      (919) 319-2896 FAX