Tire sensors (was: Proc Pwr and Northstar Coolant Loss)

CICIORA STEVEN JOSEP ciciora at spot.Colorado.EDU
Thu May 25 18:42:07 GMT 1995

On Wed, 24 May 1995, Dave Williams wrote:

> -> Pardon my ignorance, but, how do these sensors relay the information
> -> back to the main unit?  Wireless/RF transmission?  Slip Rings (I
> -> doubt it)?
>
>  Low power RF.  If you drive past another Corvette with a flat tire,
> your own warning will go off.

  Sorry, but I had to ask...  how does the (rotating) transmitter get
it's power?  One slip ring and the chassy for ground?  Or some sort of
generator (like the old self-winding watches)?
-Steven Ciciora