EGR questions...

Steve=Ravet%Prj=Eng%PCPD=Hou at bangate.compaq.com Steve=Ravet%Prj=Eng%PCPD=Hou at bangate.compaq.com
Thu May 25 20:10:22 GMT 1995

I was thinking about this last night...

What would be the effect of lots of EGR under part throttle conditions?  I was
thinking that might be a way to improve mileage say under highway driving
conditions.  My reasoning is this:  Adding exhaust gas to the intake would
dilute the A/F mixture, without changing the actual A/F ratio, since exhaust
doesn't contain oxygen or fuel.  Thus reducing the amount of fuel sent to the
engine, without the problems associated with a lean mixture.  comments anyone?

--steve