EGR questions...

Bradford K Palmer palme002 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Sat May 27 05:10:13 GMT 1995

Believe it or not EGR can be good for something.  A small amount of EGR
can actually increase effiency.  The EGR adds a bit of thermal mass
and helps to reduce peak cylinder temperatures(Thats why it works on
NOX), but this reduction in peak temps. reduces heat transfer to the
cylinder walls and increases thermal effiency.