Off-idle stumble resulting from ported EGR

Steve=Ravet%Prj=Eng%PCPD=Hou at bangate.compaq.com Steve=Ravet%Prj=Eng%PCPD=Hou at bangate.compaq.com
Wed May 31 21:38:10 GMT 1995

lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu (Jonathan R. Lusky) Wrote:

| Steve=Ravet%Prj=Eng%PCPD=Hou at bangate.compaq.com writes:
| > I've seen this exact problem in two '86 4x4 S-10 blazers (3.8
| v6?) and an '88
| > corsica (also 3.8 v6?).  I never thought it was related, but
| now I wonder.
| > This probably belongs on rec.auto.tech, but since someone else
| brought it up,
| > I thought I'd offer my piece.  Anyway, the symptom is
| hesitation just off
| > idle.  Give it a little more throttle and it is cured, but it
| persists as long
| > as the the throttle is held barely open.  It is a feature on
| the corsica
| > (had the problem since new), may be a bug or feature on the
| blazers, since
| > they were used by the time I drove them.
|
| Hmmm, 86 & 88 GM 2.8 V6?  Don't those have the infamous GM MAF disease?
| If so, you need to the update PROM that converts the EFI over to speed
| density.
|
| --
| Jonathan R. Lusky                        lusky at knuth.mtsu.edu
| http://www.edge.net/~lusky/                 (615) 726-8700

Jon -- come again?  There is an update PROM that converts from MAF to SD?  I
don't know if any of these vehicles are MAF or not, although I can check on
the blazer tonight.  I'd appreciate more details on this "infamous MAF
disease".

--steve