SRavet at bangate.compaq.com SRavet at bangate.compaq.com
Tue Nov 14 16:36:10 GMT 1995

wrm at ccii.co.za (Wouter de Waal) Wrote:

| Hi
|
| I've been saving this question, waiting for the list to come up :-)
|
| Found the following in my archives (Read pile of paper, we're moving
soon,
| only reason I found it :) :
|
| SENSORS magazine (That's all I know about it) May 1989, p.58
|
| "Engine Combustion Sensor
|
| Kistler Instrument Corp., Amherst NY has announced the Type 6051
miniature
| transducer for measuring combustion pressures in low-displacement,
| high-efficiency multivalve engines. The unit requires a bore of 7.5mm
using
| a 5mm thread for direct mounting in cylinder. The finite elements method
was
| used in the design process to ensure the sensor's accuracy and
durability.
| It can operate at temperatures up to 400C. High-frequency response allows
| the unit to make measurements during engine knocking conditions."
|
| I assume these things are used on test engines to create the map for
| commercial EFI units. But it would be nice to see exactly what the
pressure
| in the cylinder is, and solve knock detection at the same time.
|
| Anybody live near Amherst, NY :-)
|
| Wouter (Far from Amherst, NY :-)))
| --
| Wouter de Waal        Phone : +27 21 683 5490
| Development Engineer  Fax   : +27 21 683 5435
| CCII Systems
| Kenilworth, South Africa

Wouter -- you are in luck, Kistler has a distributor in South Africa.
Sorry I can't give you the number, I don't have it.  You might have to call
the NY number to see if they can give you the distributors number.  Here is
what I have:

Switzerland (parent company)
+41-52-224 11 11
+41=52=224 14 14 (fax)

Germany
(07 11)34 07-0
(07 11)34 07-159 (fax)

France
(1) 69 18 81 81
(1) 69 07 41 07 (fax)

UK, Ireland
(0 12 52)84 35 55
(0 12 52)84 44 39 (fax)

Japan
(03)35 78 02 71
(03)35 78 02 78 (fax)

US, Canada, Mexico
(716) 691 51 00
(716) 691 52 26

Distributors are in about 30 other countries.

Oh yeah, one other thing.  Be sure you are sitting down when you ask about
prices...

Steve Ravet
sravet at bangate.compaq.com
Baby you're a genius when it comes to cooking up some chili sauce...