air/fuel meter

Mike Klopfer klopfer at eagle.natinst.com
Sun Nov 19 03:01:19 GMT 1995

I don't know if these references are in the reference list but I saved them.
Mark Shaw <mark at wdc.sps.mot.com> wrote:

>There has also been some SAE papers on how to use the O2 sensor in a constant
>voltage, variable current mode or other ways to predict mixtures other than
>stoichiometric.  Try:
>
>Sasayama, et al.        SAE 910501
>Wang, et al.            SAE 930352
>Brialsford, et al.      SAE 950531
>
>Sasayama is particularly interesting.
>
>Mark

If this technique indeed amounts to no more than reading the current at a
constant voltage then the circuit to perform that should be easy to build.
What seems to me to be the expensive part is figuring out how to calibrate
the device since this would require obtaining some already calibrated device.

Then again (at least for finding an EFI control algorithm) the main thing
you want to know is where is the stoichiometric
point. One might determine this by using the propane torch method suggested
by Bruce? . Then one just needs to do experiments to find a map/model of how
changes in injector pulse width under various conditions affects the output of
this circuit.