DIY_EFI abilities and older engines

Andrew Dennison adennison at swin.edu.au
Thu Nov 23 06:25:25 GMT 1995

On 21 Nov 95 at 18:06, Daniel R Burk wrote:

> I've joined this mailing list for this very reason.
>
> I origionally had high hopes for doing a DIY_EFI system that did
> sequential fuel injection, timing control, traction control, and
> some analog outputs for stuff like wastegate control. I knew that
> wire wrapping the whole thing would just result in a quirky system
> with freaky RF problems, I decided on doing it on a PCB.

Why not get involved in the EFI332 project?? The basic CPU board will
be very flexible - 16 timer lines, 16 general I/O lines and a serial
bus for A/D, etc. It has been suggested in the past that you don't
need this much power for EFI - you don't for a basic system. However the
actual cost difference between a 68332 system and a HC11 system is
not that much, especially if you're considering buying a commercial
development system. You also would have the advantage of using all
the work that anyone else contributed to the project.

NOTE: I know the HC11 is a great little device: I've used it for a
number of years and was planning on building an EFI system with it
until this project was born.

If we get more people actively working on the efi332 project we could
all build a cheap EFI system on a quality PCB with ignition,
sequential injection, traction control, data logging, etc.

When the basic system is finalised it should actually be *easier* to
program the EFI332 than your average 8 bit micro (IMHO).

***** That final comment was not intended to spark up the
8bit vs 32bit vs assembler vs c debate :) *****

Andrew