any takers for this project?

Neville Newman neville at Verity.COM
Tue Nov 28 15:21:21 GMT 1995

i'm looking for someone with a hardware bent to help me with a
project that i've had languishing around for longer than i care
to admit.

The project is a device that takes intermediate timings
(RPM-to-RPM, user configurable increment and total duration)
during an acceleration run, storing results from several
such runs, allowing you to do direct comparisons of the
numbers during tuning sessions, or to generate at-the-road
horsepower numbers given some additional input.  Many of
us in the autocrossing community on the west coast have
been using an analog precursor to this device for a long
time, but it takes far too long to gather a meaningful
amount of data - so much so that the engine temp and
weather changes become significant.  The digital version
should compress the time required by a couple of orders
of magnitude, based on my own experience.

A couple of people were helping me, including a member of
this list, but they got so busy with school/work/racing that
they couldn't continue.  i have a preliminary schematic and
parts list, and a few assorted notes, but i need someone to
verify the design and hopefully build a prototype so we can
program it.

Autocrossers (and a few closet drag racers) have been begging
they guy who did the simpler analog version to produce more, but
he doesn't feel it is worth the trouble.  He has asked, in advance,
for one of the digital versions if and when i can build it.

i call this device "Dyno-Mite" :-)

If you can help, please let me know.  i do want to sell these,
and i assume that anyone who contributes will want to participate
in the returns.  If you prefer, we could trade goods for services -
i have an aftermarket EFI system that is designed for a V8, but
which i was trying to use on my small 4-cylinder to no avail.  It
is a modification to an Air Sensors design (they were one of the
first aftermarket EFI companies, now gone away), build by their
lead designer after he left the firm.

Anyone interested?

						-neville

						neville at verity.com