any takers for this project?

David Doddek pantera at dris.com
Wed Nov 29 04:02:19 GMT 1995

>Since people are asking for projects.........
>
>I still have failed to make a TTL trigger from an inductive
>pickup, and it makes me very mad!  I know that the pickup
>is good (and have tried several), and have tried using
>a Schmidtt trigger circut, and an op-amp with some
>gain, and a SCR circuit (like the one I found inside of
>a timing light), and each failed to work at all.
>
>So, anyone out there want to cut off the inductive pickup
>from their timing light, and breadboard up a functional
>circuit( i.e. get a TTL - level pulse corresponding to spark
>in the ignition wire) and put me to shame?
>
>I dare you.......
>
>- Bruce
>
>--
><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>               Bruce A. Bowling
>  Staff Scientist - Instrumentation and Controls
> The Continuous Electron Beam Accelerator Facility
>    12000 Jefferson Ave - Newport News, VA 23602
>                 (804) 249-7240
>                bowling at cebaf.gov
>        http://devserve.cebaf.gov/~bowling
><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I will take your challenge.  Let me know any other specific requirements you
have.  I have been wanting to do this type of project any way for the
inductive tach that I want to build for getting rpm of various engines.
Please give me some time though.  I have been putting in a lot of time at
work lately and dont have a lot of free time at the moment.  I am always up
to a good challenge as was evident in winning the engineering design contest
at the U of I for 93.  Also since I am new to network stuff, what is a good
way for me to send the schematic?

David J. Doddek                                          |pantera at dris.com
Owner SGD Electronics & Development Engr for Caterpillar |h 309 685-7965
Formula SAE Team Sidewinder 94-95                        |w 309 578-2931
89 T-bird SC,  69 Fairlane w/SGD EFI                     |fx 217 428-4686
74 Pantera w/Electromitive Tec-II Twin turbos and Nitros |
Hey, If you are going to go fast, go REEEAAL FAST.       |