Propane Motor Fuel Injection

Dan Elsberg dhe1 at cornell.edu
Thu Nov 30 03:24:05 GMT 1995

>gradually adding the EFI to it.  If anybody out there has any ideas on how
>to solve the injector problem, LET ME KNOW!!!.

I heard of an HEV (Hybrid Electric Vehicle) team using compressed natural
gas (CNG) and I asked them specifically about the metering and pressure
regulating problem.  If I remember correctly they had a regulator at the
output of the CNG main tank (actually a pressure transducer and a solenoid
valve, but that may not be necessary) leading into a plenum or reserve
tank.  It simply opened and closed the valve to keep the desired pressure
in the plenum and injected off of there.  I know the engine runs so I guess
it worked.

--dan

--
Dan Elsberg                                                dhe1 at cornell.edu
Cornell University, Engineering Physics                      (607) 272-1574

Cornell Formula SAE #27:                                     (607) 255-2541
Member since Spring, 1993.                               cufsae at cornell.edu
Engine Chief, 1995-96.