Haltech throttle bodies and Re: Fuel injection questions

Zublin, Bryan (SD-MS) BZUBLIN at PO2.GI.COM
Sat Oct 7 01:12:12 GMT 1995

Tom "How could the motor be too lean?" Walter writes:

>REVERSIONS: While we all realize the the closing of the intake valve
>will cause a "back pulse" of air through the intake track, I was not
>really aware of how critical it could be.  An engine builder could not
>get enough fuel into an injected engine... at WOT the engine was running
>LEAN, despite "having more than enough fuel to flood it". Hmm, problem
>was a unique reversion pattern. Rather than the usual area around the
>intake walls, there was ALSO an effected area in the middle. Dead center
>of the intake area of the FUEL injector jet!!! The reversion pulse of this
>radically cammed motor was enough to blow fuel back out the short intake
>track! [Haltech throttle bodies... look like Weber DCOE's with an injector
>port]. Result was interesting .  So when done with all the calculations,
>and theories, it is great fun to get it all blown back in your face! ;-)

Tom,
What was the solution to this problem?  Different cam timing?  Moved
injector?

Has anyone else on this list used the Haltech throttle bodies?  I have
considered using them in place of the Weber DCOE carbs on my 1980 Toyota
Celica.

Bryan Zublin
bzublin at gi.com