Why not just use a 555 timer IC? ;-)

thomas walter x5955 walter at roadster.sps.mot.com
Sun Oct 15 14:19:15 GMT 1995

OK, as everyone has noticed there was a server problem last week.
It was pointed out that the server had a hiccup and kept replying
the mailing list, which generated another reply. Yep, endless loop
created by two computers talking to each other!

John spotted the reason for the loop, and has corrected the 'sender'
section of the outgoing messages, so they appear from the sender and
not DIY_EFI. Helps prevent that problem. So rather than bitch and moan
about what happened, I would personally like the thank John for creating
and maintaining the DIY_EFI list!

Perhaps we need a quick recap of the purpose for the list:
To share knowledge and resources in getting a functional home built
EFI system on a IC (Internal Combustion) Engine.

For any of the HSM (Home Shop Machinist) on the list who also get
Robert Washburn's IC Engine magazine, what did you think of the comment
about sometimes publishing "information that may be wrong, just to
get the discussion going on what should be correct" (Opps, not a direct
quote... I hate line editors). At first, when I read that I was a
little mad, but when you think of it -- it is one way of getting
some activity!

So, in order to make a functional EFI doesn't need a uC at
all. All you need is a 555 timer and some discreet parts! ;-)

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX.

* Strictly I.C. - Miniature Engine Design & Construction.
US$ 25.00 year (six issues). Robert Washburn, Editor.
24920 43rd Ave. S, Kent, WA. 98032-4160