Inductive Pickup Circuit

Bob Valentine ravalent at liii.com
Tue Oct 17 03:42:02 GMT 1995

> filtered. The primary on the HEI is basically 0-12V. I recall using a
> high speed comparator and a little filtering for a vary reliable TTL
> tach output... just a thought.

    While we're on this subject, I'm still trying to avoid paying MSD $60
for a adapter to use a "normal" tach on a 6A box.  I'm sure I could rig a
simple circuit to get a pulse off the HEI pickup that's in the
distributor, or even a amplifier to drive the tach off the "tach output"
from the MSD box.

    What does a "normal" tach want in the way of drive current/voltage?

    (Normal being defined as a "Sun Super Tach II")  ;^>

                     -->   Bob Valentine  <--
                    --> ravalent at liii.com  <--
            "Hard Acceleration Saves Costly Aggravation"