Fuel pumps

ARTHUR OKUN arthurok at ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 19 08:33:30 GMT 1995

You wrote:

>> I'm looking for an external (not in-tank) fuel pump for a TBI
system.  It
>> needs to produce 9 to 14 PSI and be reasonably priced.  I'm going to
be using
>> it with the follow-up to the EFI system described on:
>
>   Working in a junkyard learned me what cars have seperate pumps. ;^>
>
>   Most Audi's and Volkswagons have a external pump and filter setup.
>don't know what the pressure is, but they work fairly nicely as a gas
>transfer pump.   Some of the older GM V8 FI cars (like 70's/early80's)

>like Eldorados had a external pump.   Jaguars also had external pumps.

>Some (few) imports have externals, but I doubt that they will flow
enough
>for a healty V8.
>
>> If anyone knows where to get such a pump, I'd really appreciate the
>
>   If you can't find one, I'll check the pressure on my transfer pump.

>If it's good, you can have it....
>
>                     -->   Bob Valentine  <--
>                    --> ravalent at liii.com  <--
>            "Hard Acceleration Saves Costly Aggravation"

you can probably find a new carter or holley racing engine pump for
about $40 that will work
most new in tank pumps put out close to 40psi when new and regulate
down to about 20 at idle and 30 or so at wot i measured it on a g.m.
a friend told me that some cars use an in tank and external in series
to build up the pressure