Half open Injector?

Dan Elsberg dhe1 at cornell.edu
Sun Oct 22 21:51:50 GMT 1995

I am dealing with a custom EFI box for our FSAE team and we are having a
problem with fuel delivery.  The symptoms have included no injection,
injection through 2 out of 4 hoses, and then now injection in all
cylinders, but extrememly low engine power output.  Under all of theses
situations, the microController thinks it is injecting, and there is a
control signal coming out of it to the driver chip.  The driver chip is a
MC2484s4-2 and the cpi is I believe a delco product, although I don't know
exactly which part it is or what it is off of.  Oh, and we have swapped
injectors and injector hoses and fuel pumps and lines and everything
possible and all this did was change the way the problem presents itself,
not eliminate it.

I am wondering if maybe the injector is not opening fully.  Has anyone had
this problem before?

Thanks in advance,
--dan elsberg

Dan Elsberg                                             dhe1 at cornell.edu
Cornell University, Engineering Physics                   (607) 256-5282