Introduction

thomas walter x5955 apprvl-Clark Meier walter at roadster.sps.mot.com
Wed Sep 20 17:44:52 GMT 1995

Finally got around the signing up for the DIY_EFI list,
and wading through some of the old email messages... whew! ;-)

I'm another long time electronics and automotive nut. Senior
project at Cal Poly (BSET '83) was a Time-speed-distance
computer based on a 8085. Even used a homebuilt eprom burner
to load those 2716's! ;-)

Few years back I started looking at using 8031 & 80552's as
a basis for a fuel injection system. While the electronics
was straight forward, I never got anything under the hood due
to a lack of "mechanical things" to get everything bolted up. ;-(

Last year I managed to get a full size milling  machine (Index,
like a Bridgeport) and metal lathe (LeBlond) into the garage. So
at least now I can whittle down those hunks of aluminum!  ;-)

Haven't used the 68HC11 or '16s in any thing, but hopefully will
be able to take a one week class and get up to speed on them.
Hmm, I wonder if I could get my boss to send me to a 68332 class
for a week? ;-)

Cheers,

Tom Walter	   Datsun's ['67 2000; '68 2000; '71 510; '72 510]
Austin, TX.    Ford: '95 Aerostar
walter at roadster.sps.mot.com