Hmm . . . suggestions on Chrysler fuel injection

Brad_Miller at so.xerox.com Brad_Miller at so.xerox.com
Wed Sep 27 19:37:17 GMT 1995

I've gotten some ideas from Chrysler engineer/racer on how to make a
fuel injection setup for my car.  Currently I'm running 2 - 40mm DCOE
Weber Carbs.  It runs like a bat out of hell - - but as usual - - I'm
looking for more.  Here's the skinny on his suggestions:

Get a '88 one-peice intake manifold
Use wiring harness from '86 Shelby Charger (mine's an '83 Shelby
Charger non-turbo)
Use wiring harness overlay from Chrysler (?? part number  - - getting
that info)
Use 1986 Omni GLHS logic module
System will have a 46mm TBI with appropriate TPS and AIS
Of course I'll need all the goodies, like fuel pump/tank/rails/wiring

Basically, this setup is just leaving the turbo out of the equation - -
in it's place I'm going to biuld a 2.5L, Lunatic cam, Hooker header,
10:1 compression motor.  Later on, I may want to go to turbo charging .
. . but at that stage I'll probably go aftermarket, as I want to keep
the higher compression for more low end torque. (Probably back to 9-9.5:1)

Any suggestions?  He said he'd give me the logic module, and the rest
of the stuff shouldn't be over $200 from the boneyard.  Hmm . . . .
interesting prospects . . .

Later!

Bradley Miller
Xerox Business Services, Kansas City, MO USA
Midwest Shelby Dodge Automobile Club Inc.
Email: Brad_Miller at so.xerox.com
Alternate: Brad2dbone at aol.com