motronic questions

pmc1eng at basil.acs.bolton.ac.uk pmc1eng at basil.acs.bolton.ac.uk
Fri Sep 29 10:05:44 GMT 1995

Hello all!

I'm in the process of reading a few EFI books to increase my knowledge of their
reaction to external inputs before I dive into the "intake tunning" part of my
project (now in the DIY_EFI web page, under "topics of interest"-thanx RF!).

Here's a couple of questions to which I can't find an answer in the books:

1) What is the lambda map doing in the Motronic EFI when there's a lambda sensor
   in the exhaust ensuring that A/F ratio stays constant = 1 regardless of rpm
   or load ?  It goes as low as 0.85 in some areas of the map, and that's not
   considering cold start or acceleration enrichment !

2) What's the EFI like in the K-series Rover engine? Is it similar to Bosch
   Motronic in terms of sophistication ?

More questions will follow shortly :)  Thanx for any help !

Pedro (MadMax)
E-mail: pmc1eng at bolton.ac.uk