Ignition Book

Steve Knickerbocker 512-356-3000 X6759 Steve.Knickerbocker at SEMATECH.Org
Fri Sep 29 23:56:54 GMT 1995

--Boundary (ID IELfTNIP3taIkABYDiWm4A)

Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 18:46:00 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Steve Knickerbocker"@MR.SEMATECH.Org
Subject: Re: Ignition Book
Posting-date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 00:00:00 -0500 (CDT)
A1-type: DOCUMENT

What is the frequency of the "Multiple Spark"?  At really high RPMs, the
multiple spark may not even be an advantage, since combustion happens so
quickly.  Has anyone out there looked into this?
Larry Harris  lharris at crl.com  (770)682-8842 (voice)
My understanding is that the newer MSD multispark systems provide a series of
sparks at lower rpm and one hot spark at higher rpm.  I have no clue as to how
they do this.  I'm not sure if there is a sudden switch in modes at a certain
rpm or if they gradually taper off the number of sparks/revolution till they
reach a limit of 1.  I'd think the latter would be a better deal.
Thunderstruck...

--Boundary (ID IELfTNIP3taIkABYDiWm4A)--