Ignition Book

LotusM50 at aol.com LotusM50 at aol.com
Sat Sep 30 05:23:44 GMT 1995

In a message dated 95-09-29 23:42:20 EDT, ravalent at liii.com (Bob Valentine)
writes:

>    While we're on the MSD subject, I can't get a tach to fire off my
>6A box.   No signal out of the tach connector.   Anyone ever fix these?

Call MSD, give then your situation and they can tell you how to regain your
tach.  You may need one of the two or three "tach adapters" they have.
The MSD Tech line phone # is 915-855-7123.

-Bonn

 an advantage, since combustion happens so
>quickly.  Has anyone out there looked into this?

Nology Engineering in California has looked into this and created their "Hot
Wires".  They apparently think that if the multiple spark occurs over 20
degrees of rotation, at high revs that is much too inaccurate for optimum
combustion.  Thier Hot Wires, shorten the spark, I believe, with a capacitor,
down to a few nanoseconds.  I'm not sure of the details.  It's solid core,
low reisitance wire, with a grounding strap.  There was an article on them
this summer in Turbo magazine, I think.  They found positive results.

-Bonn

ion system.
>No computer (maybe an analog feedback circuit).
>
>- Bruce

I put a Jacobs ignition box and coil in a 1986 Volkswagen Scirocco, and
gained 2 mpg on the highway and better throttle response and torque.  I would
agree however that it is little more than a CD system.  No majic, but it can
be effective, like a MSD box can.

-Bonn