Jag EFI

John G. Napoli jgn at li.net
Mon Apr 1 02:34:59 GMT 1996

Hi, all, been lurking on and off for a while and now have some questions.

I'm been trying to learn more about the Bosch Digital P fuel injection in my
'82 Jag XJ-S HE V12.  The manuals don't help much with design intent.  Short
term, I need to understand more about the way it works and interacts with
other klugey stock systems as I maintain and modify the car.  Longer term, a
replacement is probably in order.

To kick things off, various documentation states that the ECU combines
circuits to form four sets of three into two groups of six.  Each group
includes the six injectors from a single bank of cylinders.  What exactly
does this mean, and how does it relate to how and when the injectors fire?

Regards,

John