Switching from carb to FI on a Ford (fwd)

gtk110 at psu.edu gtk110 at psu.edu
Mon Apr 1 17:49:11 GMT 1996

>Would the 8 cylinder hardware still work with the 6 cylinder engine?
>The 4.9L is a straight 6.

Oh, no, this is a classic case of "I shoulda had a V-8" ..I thought the 4.9L
was an 8(since, technically the 302 is a 4.9L)...
        My advice now is to get a V-8...For the amount of money spent to FI
this thing, you may as well buy a junkyard 302 with efi,harness, and
computer,plus you won't have to work out as many "bugs".

          "Gripping the wheel, his knuckles went white with desire...the wheels
           of his Mustang exploded on the highway like a slug from a .45...
           True death... 400 horsepower, maximum performance piercing the
night...
           This is BLACK SUNSHINE!"