Switching from carb to FI on a Ford (fwd)

Corey Cole colec at pr.erau.edu
Tue Apr 2 17:24:26 GMT 1996

On Tue, 2 Apr 1996 gtk110 at psu.edu wrote:
> Yeah, but you'd get more than enough power, and especially torque out of the
> V-8...I should know, I have an'88 5.0l Mustang and it's hard to pull out of
> a stop without spinning the wheels (and this is on my 'calm' days)
>         This guy did want to use the truck for towing, as I recall.

Not to start a flame war, but the V-8 to get for towing is the 351...I
believe that the I-6 has a higher torque rating (at a lower RPM even)
than the 302.  The I-6 is a real stump puller.  If I wanted to, I could
drive around town all day with only 3rd through 5th.  The problem with
the 302 is that it has such a short stroke compared to the 300 (4+ inches
for the 6 compared to 3 inches for the 8)  That's my $.02.

 Corey Cole					colec at pr.erau.edu
 '65 Skylark
"Knowledge is power...but cubic inches help."		Go #24!!!!!

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison
and I went to pick her up in the rain.
But before I could get to the station in my pick up truck,
she got runned over by the darned old train...
						David Allen Coe
						Steve Goodman