Vortech on 4.3 SCPI

Terry Faugno tfaugno at qualcomm.com
Wed Apr 3 05:21:03 GMT 1996

At 09:17 PM 4/2/96 EST, you wrote:
>of no work going on for a true port injected 4.3L V6 at this time. The only
>one was the Syclone/Typhoon from a few years back. The GM truck guys seem to
>have some strange ideas on what they choose for powerplants. I don't know
>why they didn't just drop the LT1 in the 96 trucks instead of these odd SCPI
>Vortec V8's.
        Uhrrr?  A V8 Syclone? Weren't they the 3800/231 Buick V6, of the
late,lamented Buick Grand National/GNX? That's my understanding. GMC decided
to tweak the suspension on an S-15, drop the GNX turbo-intercooled V6 into
it, and voila', a pickup that outhandled and out-accelerated the base Vette,
but not the ZR-1.

                Terry