MAF sensor types (was re: Re: Sensor Questions?)

Tommy.Palm at oron.ds.sll.se Tommy.Palm at oron.ds.sll.se
Wed Apr 3 16:27:46 GMT 1996

>Type #4 ??? - Karman Vortex (is this really a MAF?)
>

>Bryan Zublin
>bzublin at gi.com

I made an home made Karman-Vortex after an lesson in aorodynamics, i did not
know that any carmakers had done it before me, so this was a nice surprise to
me. I used ultrasonics to detect the massincrease inside the wirls. In theory
the Karman-Vortex-(its around 100 years old name,as i remember) wirls are
induced linear to MASS-flow in an area of Reinholds number (assume you know
what that is) that covers air density. The interesting part with this was that
i could map the engine at all powers almost perfect w/o even starting it using
only mathematics. Anyone interested?? I can supply formulas and Reinhold
diagrams. I never finshed the job ( lack of reasons) but had a working MAF
ready.

Tommy Palm
SWEDEN
tommy.palm at oron.ds.sll.se